Where is Customer Service?
I wonder what the thought is on customer service. As I have had some recent interactions that leave me scratching my head. My professional experience includes a considerate focus on customer service and quality however it feels like there is yet another transformation occurring.
As a professional we are measured by our customer feedback including their experience. Has the definition of customer experience changed? There are several articles including Forbes (Customer Experience Vs. Customer Service Vs. Customer Care link below) and other perspectives that share the new industry buzzword is “customer experience” however the description is meant to include the end to end lifecycle of the customer interaction. Interestingly there are additional key areas including customer service and customer care. Overall the focus is how well did we do with our customer.
The other missing link is the focus on the relationship with the customer. Think about your interactions at restaurants, schools, offices and so on – how did it go? Treating one customer differently can be costly since word of mouth is the fastest advertising around.
Leverage these three things to help grow your inner winner with interactions:
1) Good information.
• You are only as good as the information you deliver, do your homework and know your product.
2) Good interpersonal skills.
• Have patience not slower service and listen first then validate.
• Really listen and acknowledge the other person(s).
• Ability to use positive language even in a tough situation.
3) Value add to you and the person you are interacting with.
• Read the other person – not all interactions are equal.
• A win-win attitude goes a long way.
My belief is that we should treat every interaction with a mindset of customer experience with positivity. Will you join me on my crusade?
Link to the Forbes article – ‘Customer Experience Vs. Customer Service Vs. Customer Care’.
As I mentioned in this podcast, I continue to use Alpha Brain with good sustainable results. If interested explore through Onnit or Amazon.